Tuesday, November 27

Polyvore Tuesday: Gary Sinese Foundation

 
Welcome back! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
 
Today's Polyvore set themes are the
Gary Sinese Foundation and C
SI: NY

It was really as a result of his role in Forest Gump as Lt.Dan, the handicapped veteran the ultimately spurred Gary Sinise's interest in helping handicapped military veterans.
His special interest with this foundation is raising funds to help build homes suited to the needs of soldiers who've lost limbs.
To this end, he and his band, the Lt. Dan Band, devote most of their weekends to this cause, playing to raise funds & awareness.
They also frequently do shows for troops.
There's an excellent 60 Minute interview with Gary you can watch at http://www.garysinisefoundation.org/ on the topic.
He even put a veteran, who is a triple amputee, on an episode of CSI: NY, which they talk about in that interview---I saw that episode! It was great.
Mr.Sinise's heart for the veterans is the thing I love about him and, for that, I hold him in the highest regard.


Gary Sinese Foundation

Gary Sinese Foundation by madamdreamweaver on Polyvore

The next set is one I did for one of the groups I belong to at Polyvore: "Around the World in 80 Sets" when they featured New York. So I did a set featuring CSI: NY.
(I didn't win.)


The Adventure is Out There

Be sure and come back tomorrow for Garden Pic Wednesday!
Have a great day!


P.S. I ordered and received the two calendars I designed: Daylily Noir and the Critter Calendar and they are absolutely gorgeous!
Also we got the Merry, Merry Font Design Stamps for our Xmas mailing this year (the one I won Featured Award for) and it, too, is a beautiful piece even in person.

Be sure and drop by to check out the current sale!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!