Monday, April 15

Good Eating Monday: Butterfinger Cake!

I'm back! We had a very nice visit home with family this past two weeks.
Highlights included:
* Eating lunch out at a different local spot most days
* Figuring out which browser would best interface with my Mother's broad-band Internet service and her XP program computer. (It was Google Chrome.)
*Picking up a glass juicer and a used butcher block knife caddy at a local junk-shop/antique store. (With a full set of steak knifes in the older serrated style I prefer and a practically new sharpener!) The store is one of those places full of individual booths where people sell collectibles & estate sale stuff.
*Photographing some of my Mother's tulips that came into bloom a couple days before leaving.
*Lots of time playing card games, watching Due South episodes and reading.
 
We had someone stay with our cat, Sunni, while we were gone and though she thinks that's adequate, it's no replacement for us. She's asking us for lots of attention, cuddling and purring extra loud, showing us how much she missed us and how glad she is we're back!

The garden was calling to me, so I've been out doing things, since we got back from the YMCA this morning till now. (It's 3 p.m.)
A couple of the new Hostas came in the mail today, so I wanted to get those right into the ground, which meant reworking my Hosta bed on the north side of the house a bit.
A couple months ago we found the most adorable footprint shaped decorative cement garden stones at the local Dollar Tree. I've been waiting for the Hosta's to come up just so I could arrange them in the bed and today I was finally able to get that done! 

******



Today's Good Eating recipe is one a friend recently emailed me, called "Butterfinger Cake."

Ma
ke a chocolate cake.
Poke holes in it while it's still warm.

(I recommend using toothpicks, as they're easy to switch out for fresh as the old gets sticky.)
Then, in a saucepan on the stove, combine 7 ounces of sweetened condensed milk with 2 TBSP peanut butter.
Pour this over the cake.
Now sprinkle with crushed butterfingers. 
Top with Cool Whip.
Sprinkle with
more crushed Butterfingers. 
  Chill in the refrigerator until read to serve.

(I'm not fond of butterfingers, so I was thinking of substituting peanut butter chips.)
*******
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!
 

1 comment:

Amateur Cook  ツ said...

You had me with that one. I had to Google Hostas to see what you are talking about. Nice plant - and nice recipe too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!