Tuesday, May 13

Polyvore Tuesday: Cameron Mitchell, Stargate SG-1


Today's set features Ben Browder as Colonel Cameron Mitchell from Stargate SG-1.
Ben Browder is probably best known for his role on Farscape as John Crichton. He's 6 ft, married to a actress he met in England while in college and has 2 kids.  

Col Cameron Mitchell, Stargate SG-1

Col Cameron Mitchell, Stargate SG-1 by madamdreamweaver

My husband's birthday is this week and since he loves carrot cake, I decided to try making one. From scratch. It's a light recipe using crushed pineapple and only 3 Tbsp oil versus a cup and half of like Canola oil for a McCormick recipe I got in my email. No way am I making anything with that much oil in it! 
 Also we like raisins, so along with the usual carrots, coconut & nuts, I threw in some raisins. I've never made a carrot cake before. No milk is used. Just eggs, flour, baking soda, spices and all the veggies & fruit. More like a 13 x 9 muffin.
 The frosting I'm going to use, however, is from the McCormick recipe: Cream Cheese Mascarpone Frosting. (Mascarpone is a type of creamy cheese I've heard recommended as a spread substitute for cream cheese and seen used often on Chopped.)
The cake came out beautifully. Smells delightful. It may be on next weeks Monday Good Eating!


Stop back by tomorrow for Garden Pic Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!