Monday, June 23

Good Eating Monday: No Bake Cherry Yum Yum!


I caught the neatest snapshot this morning! 
I throw popcorn out for the birds. (We have this microwave plastic bowl for popping corn that I use to pop a handful of kernals.)
Even if it's dried up or rained on, the birds still eat it.
This morning, looking out the sliding glass door, I saw a Box Turtle happily munching away on yesterday's old popcorn.
 So I grabbed my camera and got several fantastic shots!
He saw me standing on the patio, of course, and froze. Box Turtles seem to have pretty good eyesight. He just watched me without moving until I went back in the house, then he resumed eating. In one shot, he froze with a kernal of popcorn in his mouth. Hilarious.
Also, I decided to look inside that birdhouse I so often see tree frogs on at the hole, since it has a tiny back door. I was wondering whether they just sit on the front or were they actually living inside?
I peered inside the back door and pretty much scared a family of tree frogs living inside to death. I saw at least 3.
The little squatters have taken over the premises, apparently.

Today's Good Eating recipe is another no-bake recipe I found in Pinterest that I plan on trying: Cherry Yum Yum!

Cherry Yum Yum

Ingredients:
1  1/2 sticks of butter, lite butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
2 envelopes of whipped topping mix, like Dream Whip
1 cup cold milk 
1 tsp vanilla
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened. 
3/4 cup sugar
2 (20oz) cans of cherry pie filling 

Directions:
1) Melt the butter and combine with 2 cups graham cracker crumbs and the 1/4 cup sugar. (or less sugar or a substitute) Mix well and place about half of the mixture in a 9x13 inch pan or dish, pressing firmly.
2) Prepare the whipped topping mix according to package directions using the cold milk and vanilla extract. Add the cream cheese and cream until smooth. Add sugar and beat again. Spread half of this mixture over the graham cracker layer. Spread the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer. Top it with the rest of the cream cheese mixture and top that with the remaining 1/2 cup of dry graham cracker crumbs. 

3) Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, preferably 24 hours, before serving. Yield: about 12 to 24 servings, depending on how you cut it.
*****
I've got the stuff to try making the No Bake Twinkie Cake to take to Bible Study at the Airmen Center. Those kids eat such stuff up!
(though I'll be using the identical Little Debbie product instead of Twinkies!)
*****
Eat up,  me hearties, yo-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!