Tuesday, June 24

Polyvore Tuesday: The Goonies!

Do you ever have those moments when you suddenly are afraid you forgot something important, like leaving an appliance on that might be a fire hazard if it's not turned off, and you feel you have to go back, just make sure whatever it is, is off?
I had one of those things this morning. I'd just finished the Stretch & Flex class at the Fitness Center and was planning on staying to try the Beginner Toning, but then, suddenly I had a worry I'd left something on at the house that shouldn't be left on, though I thought I had turned it off.  Still, I had this nagging uncertainty, so I skipped the extra class and went directly home, just to ease my mind. Of course, when I got home I discovered that I had, in fact, turned the item off.
But the worry would've nagged me to death if I hadn't checked.
So, I had a nice catfish sandwich and grapes, then made my "No Bake Twinkie Cake" for tonight. (Though I used Little Debbie Cloud Cakes, which are identical.)
Having tried the cake, I made some useful tweaks to the ingredients & directions that you can see here.

Today's Polyvore set features that great 80's kids movie: The Goonies!
I love that movie and often watch if while I'm eating lunch.

Goonie trivia: during the scene in the basement of the old restaurant the criminals are hiding out in when Mikey (Sean Astin) and his brother, Brandon (Josh Brolin) are arguing in front of the fireplace, Sean actually calls Josh Brolin, "Josh" instead of his character name, "Brand." The blooper was never caught and there it is on film now, forever. You have to listen closely to catch it.
I only know this because the cast, during their commentary on the film on the DVD, mentioned it--much to Producer/Director Richard Donner's great astonishment!  He never even noticed.



Goonies Never Say Die

Goonies Never Say Die by madamdreamweaver 


Will there be a Goonies 2?
According to 2014 online news intel on the topic that I looked up, Spielberg has a script written and he and Richard Donner want to make it. Apparently the story is supposed to feature the children of the now grown original Goonies characters. 
No actual filming announcements are out yet, however.
*****

What's something you forgot to do before you left the house that made you worry enough to go back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!