Monday, August 25

Good Eating Monday: Wasp Cake!

Greetings!  Today's foray into deliciousness is a 4 ingredient snack cake called "Wasp Cake."

A Wasp Cake I Made Last Week
It can also be called "Wasp Nest Cake." 
It gets it's name from the unique honey-comb like texture it develops during baking as the butterscotch morsels melt into it!
No frosting. Just bake, cool & serve!

Wasp Cake

Ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small box of Cook-n-Serve Pudding, either vanilla or butterscotch.
2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups butterscotch morsels

Directions:
Stir pudding & milk together in a large batter bowl that you can microwave and microwave at 2 minutes intervals, stirring and cooking until thick & bubbly. (Or you can do it in a pan on the stove top if you prefer.)
Remove from microwave and pour box cake mix into the pudding and stir till well blended. Stir in 1 cup of butterscotch chips the pour into an oil sprayed 9 x 13 pan (or 9 x 10 if you want thicker cake).
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of butterscotch morsels over top, then bake at 320 degrees for 30 minutes. (or until center is done.)
Cool & cut. 
****
Now, I didn't have a Cook n' Serve Pudding when I wanted to make my Wasp Cake, so I used a small box of instant butterscotch pudding that I had on hand. It works. I just had to be quick about combining the cake mix with the pudding & milk before it starting setting up.
I poured the congealing cake batter into a oiled 10 x 13 pan, spread it evenly in the pan with a spatula, topped it with butterscotch morsels and baked it at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes.
(Baking time is a bit longer if you use instant pudding, because it starts cold.)
****
I Wasp Cake recipe I have calls vanilla pudding, but I like the butterscotch much better & recommend that.
Wasp cake makes a delicious, moist, quick & easy cake!

The piece I ate!

Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!