Thursday, October 9

Mama Kat Thursday: Teased

Today's Mama Kat blog prompt topics is:
"Share a time when you were teased."

When I was in grade school, I
I didn't quite know how to cope with other kids and I certainly wasn't prepared for any of the mind games little girls play on each other.
We lived way out in the country and I was the oldest with mostly just my parents to talk to until I entered first grade.
 
I was least prepared for the "exclusion game."  There were a couple girls I hung out with in the school yard during recess everyday in either first or second grade, when out of the blue one day, they just suddenly decided to turn into "mean girls" and pretend not to know me.
Giving me the cold-shoulder, they walked away whispering and casting catty back glances at me. I was completely confused by this and didn't understand what I'd done. It hurt my feelings a lot, but, luckily, only happened that one time.
It wasn't like a daily event.
Fortunately, my grade school days were spent very pleasantly in a country school yard at least 2 or 3 acres in size. There was deep grass in back to sit in under shade trees and red clover in a sandy area at the far end beyond the baseball diamonds to explore plus marvelous canvas-seat swings, a huge slide, teeter-totters and a merry-go-round. 
We used play the chase game called, "Easter Eggs," against the school house wall or jump-rope, though I'd usually just offer to turn the rope since I didn't have the I didn't have the skill-set to run into it and jump. I loved all the jump rope songs like "Blue Bells," and "K.I.S.S.I.N.G."  I recall drawing hop-scotch grids on the pavement and playing Red Rover enough times to learn to avoid it as it's terribly hard on the wrists.
Over-all, recess in grade school was a good time and remembering the fun times helps keep the one bad event in perspective.
Those girls were some of the same bunch of friends who told me whoppers all the time, such as the story of the Case Of The Invisible Boy.



Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

MzVanessa said...

Grade school girls can be so mean :(
I'm glad it was a one time experience.

kelley jensen said...

I agree, children can be so mean--sometimes without even realizing it. Stopping by from mama kats kelley at the road goes ever ever on

Lori said...

Kids can be mean buggers. Good attitude to remember the happy times.

Musiqal1 said...

It's amazing how we can look back over our lives and see the things we experienced now and even though they hurt back them, are something we can laugh at about overcoming. Great story.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!