Thursday, April 14

Mama Kat Thursday: Today I Will...


Today's Mama Kat is a window into my daily life with her suggestion to write about, "Today, I will..."
At least a little peek into a typical Thursday!


The alarm goes off at 8:30 and I sluggishly rise about 10 minutes later. I don't have a snooze button on this clock and I want to go to Zumba at 10, so no time to lounge around in bed!
Hubby set up the coffee maker before he left, so I just hit the
button. It's small pot that only makes two large mugs worth of coffee. I'll be drinking both. For me, every day is a two coffee day!
I get on the gym clothes, then do a few yoga stretches specifically for loosening & strengthening my lower back and hip muscles before getting breakfast & coffee.
Normally it's an egg, but today I'm out of eggs, so it's two graham crackers spread with peanut butter, then I take "breakfast" & coffee into the den to my computer to check email; Zazzle to see if anything sold; Polyvore to see if any new contests are out; Pinterest and finally a quick look through Google+.

After that, it's time to head out, so I grab my gym bag, keys & purse to drive down to the Fitness Center for Zumba in drizzling rain. It's a short drive. Just 7 miles. Once there, I get my exercise shoes on, then join the crowd of ladies in the cavernous room waiting to start. For those who don't know, Zumba is dance aerobics, generally to the Latin side with lots of hip sway & swing. I've been doing various styles of aerobics for 27 years, but at this stage of life I've found Zumba extremely helpful because of the hip workout.
There's a Gentle Yoga class after Zumba that I stay for every other Thursday, when I don't have a massage appointment, but today was massage day, so I drove promptly back home, then to my massage shorty thereafter. No time for a proper lunch. I just drank a cup of milk to tide me over.

After the massage--a real lunch, plus another pot of coffee and working on my Mama Kat prompt choice for the week. 
Today, Hubby has already returned home before I've finished and I listen to a summary of his day before he takes his daily nap on the couch with the cat.
He has to leave again by 
6 pm, to pick up food for Game Night at the Airman Center on base, then in he'll meet up with another Air Force kid he's met for dinner out, because I'll be having my own company over for dinner!
My friend, Megan, usually comes over for a meal every other Thursday and this is her night. I'll be making our favorite meal, Japanese style Gyoza served with rice & sweet-sour cucumber salad. Megan and I have been in this routine since she came here 10 years ago, right out of college to work at the Air Force Base as a Mechanical Engineer. Initially, I was her mentor, but now, she's grown into a friend and peer who helps Hubby and I as part of our ministry team. She and I talk about things going on in our lives, things the Lord is teaching us and about girls she's meeting with and mentoring.
Megan usually leaves by 9 pm and Hubby comes home sometime after that. We talk about how our mutual evenings went, then, depending on how late it is, we either both go into the den to work on computers together for awhile or get ready for bed. 
And that's my day!
****
So, how'd you spend yours?

****
Thanks for Visiting!
(The picture is a Polyvore set I created just for this post!)

3 comments:

May said...

I think you know how to spend your time. There feels like a lot of peace and contentment in the day you describe. Hope it felt that way to you!

Mama Kat said...

This is so fascinating to me, I love an inside peek into how people spend their days. We definitely need to get you some eggs though...peanut butter and graham crackers just doesn't cut it. ;)

Lisa Scherber said...

I need a new coffee maker. :) Very interesting indeed to know what others do all day.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!