Friday Finds: Random Funny Thoughts

Bad Photographer Wanted
Nowadays, to all our great aggravation, you've seen these reCAPTSHA things you have to click on in order to sign-in to places online, right?
I've decided being a photographer for them would be the perfect job.
Imagine.
Just wandering around taking pictures of whatever. Pieces of signs.
Parts of buildings. Random parked cars. Sections of highway.
No worries about framing or lighting or clarity. If it's blurry, that's even better.
Imagine a reCaptsha company want ad:
Wanted: Bad photographers. Photograph anything. We'll pay $$ for nonsense.

******


Are Your Eggs Hammered?
Google has a "translate" feature so if you come upon something  written in a foreign language you want to read, you can simply click "translate," and get it in your language.
But I tell you, using this feature to translate things to American English can have really amusing results!
Once upon a time I clicked on a Pinterest recipe that took me to the original blog post the picture came from which happened to be written in German. I clicked the translate option and read through it.
When I got the directions for baking the muffin tin of eggs, I knew what I was reading actually meant, "bake eggs until firm," but what it literally translated to was "bake eggs until hammered."
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
In American lingo, being "hammered" means being "drunk."
Bake eggs until drunk. ROFL.

****
Happy Veteran's Day to all who've served!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party