Garden Pic Wednesday: December Gardenia!

Today, I mowed up the thick profusion of leaves in the back yard, because letting the mower bag them is easier then raking. It's just makes the clean up later easier. A fresh layer of pine needles and a lesser quantity of other leaves will coat the back yard before March.
Once I got outside and got going, it was a good bit of pleasant brisk exercise on a cool, but sunny day.

Today's Garden Pic:
My crazy Gardenia that popped out two couple blossoms in December!
I took the photo before Christmas, when the weather was more temperate.I call this bush crazy because it randomly throws out blooms through-out the year! It does bloom profusely in spring, then whatever additional blooming it wants to do the rest of the year. 
I have two types of Gardenias: this one has small 2 inch blossoms and blooms early; the other has large 3 inch blossoms and blooms late near the end of May.


Comments

aestamary said…
Love gardenias when it is fresh. Such lovely smell.

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party

Mama Kat Thursday: My Top 10 Favorite Chocolate Treats!