Garden Pic Wednesday: Shades of Blue

It's getting to be sweltering in the early afternoon, so I headed out  by 10 a.m. to get when it was still below 80 to mow the back yard.  I did a little clean-up on spent day lily stems and my Cannas with diluted Neem to give them a little protection and being further devoured by Leaf-rollers. (The lavre of Long-tailed Skippers!)  But it's been long enough; they should be done now.
I saw my first butterfly today, a Gulf Fritillary!  lenty of Pondhawke dragonflies about, though I haven't caught one on camera this year--yet! (These are one of the few dragonflies that will perch and rest long enough for a picture!)
I've got a pair of Thrashers, which is type of large brown bird, eager to pick up any popcorn or chips I throw out on the ground!
Plus, I was delighted recently to see the courtship ritual of not just one pair of Cardinals, but two!
He offers her a seed. She accepts and that seals the deal for one nesting season!

Today's featured pic is a collage I put together at Ribbet.com
of 6 blue flowers I have in my garden:
I have a goal of collecting blue flowers for my garden and these are a few I have so far!

http://choice-morsels.blogspot.com/2014/06/garden-pic-wednesday-shades-of-blue.html

Left to right, top row: Agapanthus (Lily of the Nile), Plumbago, Scabiosa (Pin Cushion Flower).
Left to right, second row: Bacholar Button (Cornflower), Blue Hydrangea, Balloon Flower.
*****
So, what's your favorite color flower?
If you enjoy this post, be sure and use the social buttons below to pass it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories