Mama Kat Thursday: Monsters Under the Bed

The Mama Kat Thursday blog writing prompt I chose today is, "Write a post inspired by the word: monsters."

Once when I was very young, not quite school age, I had a dream.
It was one of those dreams where you dream you're awake while really asleep.
In this dream I was laying on the floor, with my eyes open, looking under my bed. The light under the bed was grayish, light enough I could see little, hairy gray creatures that walked upright on two legs walking back and forth along the back wall.
It must have frightened me because, all of a sudden, I woke up.
My eyes popped open only to realize I actually was laying on the floor with my face looking directly under my bed!
It was pitch black, of course, and I saw no little monsters, but I was so horrified to find myself actually on the floor looking under the bed, I sprang up and jumped back into bed and hid under the covers!


 


What sort of things does the word "Monsters" conjure up for you?



Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

John Holton said…
I have dreams like that a lot. Pretty disturbing.
Me said…
Ohhhh! Those monsters under the bed are real! I hope I don't dream about this little hairy grey creatures tonight!
John Holton said…
How do you suppose you got on the floor?

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!