Mama Kat Thursday: My Top 10 Favorite Chocolate Treats!

Today we're talking about chocolate. My favorite chocolate treats and, let's face it, I don't eat candy that's not chocolate. Nothing fruity or sour or minty or chewy or hard and I don't like anything that gums up my molars, like Butterfingers or Clark Bars.

So--if I'm going to eat chocolate, here's my Top Ten Favorites:

#1) For special occasions, like Valentines, it has to be Mounds.

#2)  For everyday, Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses are my go-to treat. I always have some in the freezer. I'll have 2 after lunch and sometimes another 2 after dinner.


#3)  For Christmas, a dark Chocolate assorted is a favorite gift:
I prefer 60% to 80% dark chocolate. A single bar makes goes great with a mug of coffee!





#4)  In lieu of a Hershey assorted, I'll take a Dark Ghirardelli:
I think I had both the Hershey assortment and a Ghirardelli at Christmas that I gradually worked through by the end of January.





#5) I totally love chocolate-covered raisins, milk or dark. I can tell myself I'm eating something good for me. Plus they're surprisingly filling.


#6)  Sunsweet Dark Chocolate Plum Sweets are my new favorite chocolate snack! Little bits of prune coated in a delicious rich dark chocolate! But you can't eat a whole lot of them at once--they are prunes and too many prunes have consequences.






#7)  Malt Easter Eggs! I love these with a passion! Hubby thinks they taste like eating sandpaper. Good, all mine.



#8)  I actually love orange-flavored chocolate, so I love Terry's Orange Chocolate, both milk & dark, though I haven't eaten one in years. I like the idea of them.



#9)  Peanut M&M's are my preferred M&M snack, if I'm going to eat or cook with M&M's!




#10)  Finally, my favorite treat that is chocolate, but isn't actually candy: chocolate-covered pretzels! There's just something about that combination of sweet & salty that's just so good! I can't buy them, I love them so much.




I may love all these chocolate delights, but the only things I actually have on hand is the Dark Chocolate Kisses in my freezer and the Plum Sweets in my pantry.
I know some people say if they eat one, they have to eat the whole bag, but that's not me.
****
So what's your favorite sweet treat?
****

Thanks for Visiting

Comments

I love Ghirardelli. I love going to their store in Ghirardelli Square and getting all the choices you don't get elsewhere. Like there is this amazing Sea Salt Brownie that I can't find anywhere in Kansas City. May is so far away (Next trip to San Fran).
Lori said…
I'm a dark chocolate fan too. The mini Milky Way dark chocolate bars are delish and the Ghirardelli darks with the filling in them. Yum!
KatBouska said…
I've never had one of those chocolate oranges, but they look so fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!