Mama Kat Thursdsay: My First Car

 My first car was this:
A baby blue 1978 Ford Pinto Hatchback, 4-speed standard transmission just like this.

I bought it after I got out of the Air Force. It was 1980 and I was planning on going to college. I saw it for advertised for sale by an individual in the local paper. Price was great and it was in great condition.
It got 45 miles to the galleon on the highway--which actually puts modern, lighter gasoline burning vehicles to shame, considering that blue body was all metal. Heavy, too--on a good downward hill in neutral it could coast 50-60 miles an hour flat out. 
It took me to college the next years and was our primary vehicle after husband and I got married for another year or so.
I looking back, I regret we didn't keep it after we bought a new car. It would've been smarter to have kept it. 






Comments

Ffi said…
Love the colour - I dont drive so no first car here.
Patty said…
Ohhhh, the cars we might have, and should have, kept!

45 miles to the gallon, almost unheard of these days. Definitely beats my SUV that has me on auto-pilot to every gas station!

John Holton said…
A girl I dated for a while had a Pinto, and liked it just fine. I thought it was a pretty good car, myself. Of course, those were the days when the stories circulated about one being in a rear-end collisiion and bursting into flame...
KatBouska said…
They don't make cars like they used to, that's for sure! How fun would it be to drive that beauty now!?

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: The Fennel Seed Caper