Mama Kat Thursday: Valentine Craftiness

Today's Mama Kat prompt topic is:
"A Valentine inspired craft!"


I don't often do anything for Valentines--years working in a flower shop really burnt me out on it. Still---once in a blue moon---a mood to do something creative will come over me.
This was one of those blue moon years.
Because I used to make Christmas pin ornaments, I have literally tons of assorted sequins of all shapes and sizes that I've had for years, just sitting in my craft drawer doing nothing. 
I also love blank card stock. I keep a box of multi-color card stock & envelopes on hand, because I like to recycle cards I receive for birthdays and anniversary's into "new" refurbished cards.
I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me before--but it suddenly came to me this week that with sequins plus card stock I could make some home-made Valentine magic!
 So I promptly out the rubber cement and got busy.
Below is photo example of one such card: a heart wreath of sequins. I also made several with hand-lettering and just heart sequin accents.
I hope everyone I sent them to likes them.


 (I even made one for my husband---though he doesn't know it yet!) 
Yup, you can do a lot with some card stock
 and a little imagination!

Comments

KatBouska said…
They turned out fabulous! Way to use materials that you already own and turn them into something that is going to make people feel special. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!