Garden Pic Wednesday: Baby Box Turtle & Wandering Jew Bloom!

I have two Garden Pics to show today!
On Monday, when it was raining all day, I had to go out and move hoses away from a drainage area and I ran across this itty-bitty baby Box Turtle!
I brought him inside and took a photo with a quarter nearby for perspective. He was only slightly larger then a quarter in size.
Here he is:



Next: My Wandering Jew in Bloom!
I keep this beautiful houseplant outside in a shady spot all summer.
In late fall, before it gets cool, I trim off a bunch of stems, put them in a vase of water and keep them inside all winter. (They root easily in a vase of water.) Then in spring, I put them back in their pot of dirt for summer. 
They're part of a display out front under the aspen tree.
 It's hhad a prosperous year this year with me keeping them watered and now they're blooming. Wandering Jew was the sweetest little lavender tri-petal flowers! 
Like most houseplants, it needs to be root-bound to bloom.


That's it for today! Stop back for Mama Kat tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!