The art of design

I hit upon a great design the other day. I was actually trying to see if I could design something to put up next to the blog title here. I was using a photo of a mug and 2 donuts I'd taken and had on file. However, the arrangement wasn't quite right, so I cloned the mug and the donuts into a better arrangement using a photo shop. Then I tried an effect that split it into squares and gave it such a hi-style artish look, I thought it'd make a great mug and card for my Zazzle store!


So, that's what I did. I did a full wrap for a mug with the design and a card that can be 2 sizes. It's a lovely picture. It's in the "All things coffee" file at my store or you may even see it scroll buy on the flash panel. Mugs are on sale today 50% off, by the way, if you're still looking for a gift. (Today only.)  And even if you want to put your own photo a mug, go ahead and do that.


One thing I've learned is that every product has a specific pixel size requirement. There's a method available for slapping a photo or design on dozens of products all at once, but pixel size requirement varies so much, I don't think that will come to a good end to do so. I noticed the other day at someone elses Zazzle shop who was selling vintage cards that there was a warning that the card wasn't sized right, but fixing it was going to be up to the customer.. I didn't think that very professional. And it might not even be possible. Cards have a strict safety zone the design needs to fit within.


However, my policy is to design things in the size specific to the given products. That way it will look right. I don't think that the customers responsibility.
Other things on the agenda:  We are attending a Christmas Party this evening. It's for members of the base chapel, all protestant services to attend. It's a nice dress up occasion. There's great food, a DJ and usually some entertainment. Last year a bunch of the Gospel service people were doing lip-sync performances of many of the great R&B performers. They did up the costumes, too. I remember one guy was dressed to the hilt as James Brown. It was cool. Can't wait to see what they've come up with this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party