Mama Kat Thursday: A Taste Of Florida Summer

Today's Mama Kat blog prompt is:
"A taste of summer..."
I live in north Florida on the Panhandle. I want to emphasize "north" because everyone not from Florida tend to think everywhere in Florida is somehow next to Disney World.
The truth is, I'm so far away from Disney World, I'm in another time zone!
So, let me show you a taste of "Florida summer" in my neck of the woods:

Florida Summer is Cooking Out, Even in Drizzley Rain:
Summer means the Hubby does more of the cooking!
Funny thing, right after I snapped this shot that beach umbrella got a hole and that was the end of it. 


Flordia Summer Means Melons Aplenty!
We buy a watermelon at least weekly, though my fav is honeydew.
Hubby likes the cantelope, which I can't stand. 



Florida Summer is Mowing. Lots of Mowing.  Because It Rains.
This is my electric mower. I do all the yard work. It's part of my weekly exercise program!


Florida Summer Means Mosquito Protection:
Before going out to do any yard or garden work, first I spray down with sun protection. Then in the garage, I spray down with mosquito repellent. Then I put on a long-sleeved cotton shirt and a wide-brimmed straw hat, usually over a bandanna to catch sweat. Then I'm ready to seize the day.



Florida Summer Means Having a Gravel Parking Spot Thick with Weeds That Only Weed-B-Gone Will Kill!
Believe me, I've tried the salt-vinegar sprays recommended on Pinterest. Nope.


Florida Summer Means Lots of Herbs To Dry!
This pic is Thai Basil in a pot. I also have Sweet & Red Rubin.
I have parsley & dill, too---summer means Swallowtail Caterpillars very soon! I'm start starting to see butterflies around! 

*********
What's summer like where you live?


Thanks for visiting!
If you want to join the Thursday Mama Kat blog link up, go here for the guidelines! 

Comments

Kathy said…
Great pics :)

Summer in Montreal is hot and humid, mosquitos, soccer, Formula 1, Jazz Fest, Just for Laughs Festival (and many other festivals), picnics by the water, drinks on the terrace (patio) and get-togethers with friends.
KatBouska said…
Well your Florida summers sound a lot like Seattle summers actually! I love that you specify exactly where you're located because any time I hear someone is from Florida I definitely imagine Disneyworld and/or Miami. Is Disneyworld IN Miami? I really have no idea. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: A Sweaty Problem

Mama Kat Thursday: When A Job Turns Bad

Mama Kat's Prompt Day: The Scolding