Monday, June 13

Good Eating Monday: Pineapple Fluff!

Have you seen Zootopia? Even if you haven't, the ad for the film featuring slow Sloths working at the Department of Motor Vehicles scene was heavily promoted.  It was a direct, rather pointed poke-of-fun at the real DMV, which sometimes has a reputation for being slow.
The other night, at a going-away dinner for one of the Air Force guys in our Bible Study, we asked the 19 year-old young lady across from us, who still lives at home with her family, how getting her driver's license was going. (It's her first driver's license, by the way.) She explained that the DMV here has a 30-day waiting list for driver's license applications and she was still waiting for her name to come up.
I said,"So, we REALLY do have Sloths working at our DMV!"
I got a good round of laughs for that one!
***
Today's Good Eating Recipe is Pineapple Fluff from a blog called,
"The Country Cook," that I found in Pinterest.
Like Green Fluff, also known as Watergate Salad, Pineapple Fluff also known as Pineapple Salad, is basically the same with just a change of instant pudding.
Instead of Pistachio, you use instant Coconut Creme or Vanilla.
Everyone on Sunday loved it. My friend, Megan, said she liked it better then Green Fluff.
It makes a nice large bowl full that makes a nice, easy and cool summer dessert!
Pineapple Fluff
Ingredients:
1 small (3.4 oz) box of either instant Coconut Creme or Vanilla pudding
1 20oz can of Crushed Pineapple
1 8oz tub of Whipped Topping
2 cups Mini-Marshmallows
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Optional: 1 cup shredded sweet coconut


Directions:
In  a large bowl stir Crushed Pinapple and pudding together. Then add mini-marshmallows, whipped topping, pecans and  coconut, if you're using it, gently stir together until well combined.
Cover bowl & refrigerate 2 hours to get firm and well-chilled before serving.
****
I used the Coconut Cream Instant Pudding, which isn't strongly coconut tasting. I didn't use the shredded coconut because I was sure what all my dinner guest tastes were regarding coconut. If I were making it just for myself, I certainly would have!
Other additions you might like to add:
Sliced Banana or halved Maraschino Cherries
****
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!