Garden Pic Wednesday: Asparagus Fern Berries

Today I have an interesting December shot of Asparagus berries going from green to red!
It's probably the most festive thing I have growing outdoors during winter!
Birds can eat the berries. It also spreads easily, but unwanted starts are also easily pulled up. In Florida, it's a drought hardy landscape plant, but be warned---it's thorny!
When I was a florist, we'd use it for garlands sometimes and I'd come home with my fingers all pricked and scratched on those days. 


Stop back to see what's up for Mama Kat tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!