Good Eating Monday: Quick Reese's Brownies

Greetings! 
After Zumba today, I worked on edging some flower beds, saved some seed & photographed some butterflies---not necessarily in that order. In Florida, this is butterfly season! I see more butterflies at this time of year then in spring. Buckeyes, Fritillaries, Black, Tiger and Giant Swallowtails!
It seems to be a good year for the Tiger Swallowtails. I've seen 3 just this week. Sometimes I see none.
The seeds I saved were for Blue Balloon Flowers & Blue Bacholar Buttons. I also have dried some nice zinnia heads for seeds and several of my largest Rubeckia heads.
The Rubeckia I'll start and plant this fall as they winter over nicely, then bloom next year.

Today's good eating recipe is one of my own invention:
Quick Reeses Brownie's.
I've made these twice and the Air Force kids at Bible studies devour every one!
This is a box brownie mix recipe made healthier with the use of applesauce instead of oil and a little extra roughage added, such as oats or unprocessed bran.
Ingredients:1 Family Size Brownie Mix for a 13x9 pan1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips (or any brand peanut butter chip!
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (instead of oil)
3 Tablespoons of Water
1/4 cup milk (low-fat or non-fat if possible.)
1/3 to 1/2 cup oats or unprocessed bran (in increase fiber content)
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (enriches the chocolate flavor!)

Directions:
Basically you follow the box directions. Spray your 13 x 9 pan and preheat oven to 350.
Combine brownie mix, applesauce, water, milk, cinnamon, eggs, oats (or bran) and stir until  a smooth batter. Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter chips,  pour batter into pan and bake about 30 minutes--ovens differ, so test to make sure it's done in middle.
I usually have to bake mine an additional 5 minutes.
Cool, then cut.
Yum. 
Makes a cakey, moist brownie with peanut butter chip surprises in every bite!
*****
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!
*****
What's your favorite box mix fix up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!