Good Eating Monday: 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies!

Greetings! Another steamy week of June!
Today I cut some of my basil, Greek oregano & chocolate mint to put in the dehydrator to dry! Luckily a ton of basil came back from seed by itself ! The garage smells delicious.
My other outside task was hedging up the last 3 Azalea bushes in the back yard and also the Gardenia topiary tree, which has finished blooming. The Azaleas all needed treating with Neem oil as well--scale has been a problem this year.
Then, when Hubby came home, we grabbed dinner at the Panda Express because Panda was contributing proceeds from every meal today to Feeding America. We fed 24 people by eating there today.

Today's Good Eating Recipe is one I've used before, saw on Pinterest and decided to make again for Air Force Bible Study group on base tomorrow night.
It's called, "Two Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies."
They were moist and yummy last time I made them and it's a such an easy way to make a chocolate treat that's actually good for you! (And low calorie!)

Ingredients:
1  Box of 13 x 9 Family Size Brownie Mix 
1  15oz can of Pumpkin

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix with pumpkin until well combined & smooth.

Pour batter into your baking pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool & cut into 24 squares. Yum!

Optional: I like to add a sprinkle of cinnamon to chocolate batter because cinnamon enriches chocolate flavor, so I added just a single meager shake of cinnamon to my brownie batter.
*****
After Action Report: Seems to me 13x9 family size brownie mixes must be reducing the amount of mix in the box, because my last two batches from 2 two different companies, were both thinner then previously. That being the case, I think this recipe could benefit from at least 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats added. There was plenty moisture.
****
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects