Garden Pic Wednesday: Around the Neighborhood!

I took some recent photos of what's blooming in my neighborhood at this time of year:

Winter Cassia:
Several neighbors have this in their landscape. This shot is across the street kitty-corner from my house. These gorgeous yellow flowers bloom from Sept well into winter. Also called Christmas Cassia.  The flowers are lightly fragrant I noticed when I walked over to take a picture! 




Mulhy Grass
Sometimes called Purple fountain grass. This is frilly pink stuff is everywhere in autumn around here! So pretty. It's a super popular as a landscape plant because it's drought tolerant and carefree.
I walked down to the corner, turned right to get this shot.




And Overhead----tons of Pine Cones!
Pine trees are everywhere in my neighborhood. This particular one I photographed is behind a neighbors house two doors down. several.
When the builders built houses here, they only cleared what was necessary to build each house and nothing else. 
So everyone has an assortment of pine, Bay, scrub oak or Live Oak trees.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: My Christmas Bouquets!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win