Garden Pic Wednesday: Sea of Lantana

I finally started feeling better yesterday after catching a bad bug that put me under the weather last week.
Today I got out to plant the little potted plant I got in the mail last week. I kept it by the window in a tray with a tiny bit of water in the kitchen till I could finally get around to it. It's a flowering plant that stays in a small mound that looks a little like an aster I bought in particular for my front bed by the mailbox I'm planting with ground covers and such.

Today's Garden Pics:
Sweet Basil full of blooms draping out of a container and a sea of purple Lantana!
This area is adjacent to the area by the mailbox. It edges a parking spot we built into the yard for my car.





Close-up Of Bee on the Sweet Basil:
I believe this is a carpenter bee, judging by the smooth tail section.
Numerous Honey Bees were out there, too.



This is the garden project I was digging in today:
It's just on the front side of the Lantana & Basil by the mailbox. I was working on removing the last patch of grass out, so I can begin organizing and planting it up.  


The dirt is where the grass was. The wide green patch is common wild clover I moved there. I plan to use much of it along the outer edges of this bed to hold soil in place.
It forms a nice thick mat, flowers and the bees like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!