Garden Pic Wednesday: Fall Gardenias & Marigolds!

This little vase of white Gardenias & Rusty Dwarf Marigolds was my Thanksgiving table arrangement!
I made it from what's still blooming outside!
 It's still on the table today, though I've been removing Gardenias as they expire.
I have a Gardenia bush out front that has persisted blooming till now, though I think it's about done.
With Gardenia's it's best to snip them just as about to open or even buds, as they will fully open in a vase.
They smell like cloves.




My other project this week was digging up Red Spider Lily clumps and spreading the bulbs out.

They look like this in September.
They're a type of Magic Lily.
That means the leaves only appear in winter, then later in fall, their bare flower stems "magically" appear.
Right now is the only time of year I can see where they are by their leaves.
I had about 3 clumps that needed separating. 
The bulbs crowd each other after 3 or 4 years, resulting in poor flowering. 
I think I replanted about 17 bulbs total. 
I spread them out in the bed between the house and the sidewalk running toward the front door. Hopefully, next fall I'll have a better showing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories