Garden Pic Wednesday: More Yellow Daffodils!

This clump of Daffodils in my front bed just all suddenly burst open over past two days!  
They have such cheerful happy faces!
Hopefully, it will be sunny tomorrow, so I can try for a better shot.
I have fond memories of Daffodils growing up. We lived out in the country and there was this area that was about 15 by 25 feet on the other side of the driveway near the Dogwood tree that our parents planted with Daffodils.
Every year that area would be a field of Daffodils, thicker every year.
Mother said she tried to dig some up to take with her when she moved to Terre Haute, but they'd buried themselves so deeply by then, the were impossible to dig up.  



Here's another project I did last Wednesday...
I'm killing all the Liriope (Monkey Grass) that's gotten rather thick here, along my neighbors fence.
It's brutal to have to dig up, since it's roots form a thick mat.
So, instead of digging, I just cover the area of Liriope I want to kill really well with landscape plastic, weight it down, then I'll pour White Vinegar over the area several times over the next year. 
Plus it gets so hot here, the roots should just bake to death.
I'll leave it covered until next spring. 
I had good success eliminating from an area in front this way and prefer to using Roundup.



Vinegar will turn soil into no-man's land, so you do have to be careful where and how you use it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win