Garden Pic Wednesday: Yellow Flag Iris!

My Flag Iris are in bloom right now, so that's today's beautiful Garden Pic:


Flag Iris are an Iris for outdoors. They love ponds and bogs and drainage ditches---any place where their feet can get wet, at least sometimes. To bloom well, they like partial shade to full sun.
The leaf blades are very tall--36 to 45 inches. And they spread gradually, too, so you do want to place them where they can do so.
Mine are in my rain garden.
I'll probably need to thin them out a little in the fall.

Today's Project was general clean-up. 
I worked on the north side, trimming Ivy and mowed just that side. I mowed because I wanted some cuttings mulch to put down over cardboard I laid in a bed and over newspaper I put around my Gerbers.
Yesterday I cleaned up Siberian Iris row in the front corner bed, which was full of last years dead leaves and cleaned up the patio area in back.
I actually finished the patio clean-up today and put out the chairs.
I walked back by the Bluebird house and I think I scared the Mama out. She's been laying I think.
She'll lay one egg daily, 4 to 7 eggs, then will start brooding.
Bluebird boxes are fairly deep, but she built the nest fairly tall inside there, so her face is about level with the hole when she's sitting.  I thought that's probably to make it easier for the male to bring her food while she's brooding and will put the chicks in easier reach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!