Good Eating Monday: Slow Cooker Garlicky Baby Potatoes!

I like trying Slow-Cooker sides, like these potatoes.  I also have a bunch of new pasta salad Pinterest pins to try over the next couple months, since we're starting to get into grilling weather.
(I did get the oven clean, if you want to scroll down to the previous post)

Today's Good Eating Recipe is Slow Cooker Garlicky Baby Potatoes!
Unfortunately, I forgot to take my own photo, so I'm using the Pin photo, but they look exactly like this.
I cutsome Kielbasa cut into chunks to throw in with the baby potatoes for a meal, but these garlicky potatoes would make a great side for any meal.
The leftovers are also delicious mixed with scrambled egg and sauteed together to breakfast. (I had Kielbasa in mine and that was even yummier for brunch.)
This recipe is a keeper.
Slow Cooker Garlicky Baby Potatoes:
Ingredients:
2 lbs baby potatoes (that's 1 pack of them)
1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Dill
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated 
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons butter, melted and let cool a little
1 - 2 Tablespoons finely snipped fresh Parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley

Directions
Spray slow-cooker with oil spray and set on low to warm up.
Rinse, then slice the baby potatoes in halfToss potatoes into slow cooker.
Add the garlic, all the seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the grated cheese.
Drizzle olive oil and the melted butter over potatoes.
Toss the potatoes a few times to get them well coated.
Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW 4 - 5 hours. 
Remove cover and turn to warm.
Top with Parsley, sprinkle with other 1/2 teaspoon salt and shake on some additional Oregano, Basil & grated Parmesan Cheese.
Serve.
Delicious.

******
I bolded the "cut potatoes in half" because I initially missed that part. You definitely want to cut them in half. It really speeds up the cook time.
Kraft does make genuine grated Parmesan Cheese available in the refrigerated section of your grocery. 
I found mine was near the refrigerated fresh pastas. I've decided I love it and it's going to become something I keep on hand all the time rather then the other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories