Garden Pic Wednesday: Chicks & Rainlilies

First. is a teacup filled with Hens & Chicks and Chinese Stonecrop.
You might wonder about the marbles & pink stones. Well, I was walking one day down the neighboring street and found a someone was discarding an old fish tank full of rocks and marbles still. It was by the side of the road. So I scooped a couple handfuls and took them home, depositing some in all my little cups and pots to give them a bit of pizazz.
I like the Chicks and Stonecrop because they can tolerate freezing weather here in Florida. I've seen them freeze solid in ice and thaw out, then keep going like nothing happened.


 

Next: a Yellow Rain Lily with a Honey Bee
These are planted in my rain garden in the back yard. Enough rain water causes them to bloom, though they seem to be more a fall bloomer. This shot is from about a month ago maybe. This past week Hurricane Sally generously filled that rain garden (which did it's job perfectly I made add) and should prompt fresh blooming.
I walked out to check just before writing  this and I saw one yellow bud that should open tomorrow and many more lily leaves looking plump and green. So, maybe quite a few a bloom. We'll see.
They're more random then I was expecting when I planted them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Legend of the Paddling Machine