Garden Pic Wednesday: Spider Lily

I had a big gardening project this week! My order of  new daylilies arrived! Five new colors for $20 from a nursery I use often. (Normally they're around $15 apiece.) Spent a couple hours planting them Tuesday. 

Today's Pic,  a nice sun high-lighted Spider Lily!
Just took it this morning. I was keeping an eye on it, watching how the sun touched it.
This is a type of "magic" lily common to the South that bloom on the cusp of August & September.
 I know I have many bulbs in the bed, but, so far, only 2 have bloomed. I think perhaps some of the bulbs might still be too young. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects