Garden Pic Wednesday: Fall Morning Sun Glow

I went out late this afternoon to miracle-gro water my veggies, daylilies, blackberries, blueberries and hyrdrangeas near the house. The tomato I planted back in spring sprouted new growth from all stems and is laden with blossom right now as well as some tomatoes I have sweet peas beginning to bloom. The beets. lettuce and spinach are still babies. The bell pepper is large and bushy and beginning a fresh round fruit-making.
This is such a nice time of year veggies. No pests.

Today's pics are two morning sun shots today captured back in early October:

My Chocolate Elephant Ears:
Actually, I read they are more related to Caladiums then Elephant Ears. They have roots rather then a bulb. But unlike common Caladiums, these are faithfully perennial. I moved a bunch of the roots to this container a couple years ago because they weren't thriving in the ground where they are. Now that they have a pot to themselves, they're doing better.
They come up green with purplish veins, then turn a dark burgundy shade when mature, especially in cooler weather. 


 

This next shot is morning sun hitting some of the Cardinal Basil in containers on my patio that are just coming into bloom. 
  I cut some non-blooming branches for drying recently and found they take a little longer to fully dry then standard basil because the leaves are a little thicker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: Quotables