Garden Pic Wednesday: Lawn Emitters for Rainwater

First photo today is one of my lawn emitters. 
I have 2 in the backyard and rain water runs off the roof, down the gutters and out to these emitters, which open enough to let watch trickle out into grass.
This version, with the pea gravel, is my improved version. The gutter guys really didn't put the two in very carefully. They just dug a trench, laid them in and, I guess, hoped they were right.  They didn't use a level to make sure they were angled properly and the emitters were both below grass level, so the water couldn't escape effectively.
And t
hey did NOT use any gravel as a You Tube video on installing these emitter kits I watched demonstrated, as tube below the emitter has a drainage hole for excess water left behind.
Besides that emitter center only pops up 1/2 inch---not enough to let out water fast enough in a sudden, hard down-pour causing the water to back up, resulting in gutter down pipe seams squirting water and other blocked flow problems.
So my project this week was to try and remedy this. I dug up about 2 feet on emitter tube, added pea gravel and tried to position the emitter so water wouldn't pool around them, but would flow into surround grass better. 
I also bought 2 new flap-style emitter caps that I hope will allow a higher flow of water to escape into grass.
They haven't arrived yet, but should within a new days.


 

Second photo is new fencing edging my back yard:
These are my neighbors fences; not mine per se.
 Long story short: my neighbor on my north side wanted 23 pine trees removed from his back yard. He hired someone, who subcontracted with a different person to cut the trees, but this sub-contractor was terrible at it. He allowed tree sections to topple onto every neighbors fence on every side as well as a couple storage sheds. So, as result, everyone filed claims and got nice new fencing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects