Garden Pic Wednesday: Snake Iris

Today's featured garden picture is my Snake Iris
I saw these in a garden catalog and ordered them about 3 years ago because they are so novel looking; citron green centers with dark purple, almost black, flag tips. They are a miniature iris with grass-like leaves. I planted them in this container because I read they multiply and spread readily---and they have! They've gone from 5 to about 15 to 20 blooms. They don't last long, but put on fine show about about 10 days.
I think they're called "Snake Iris" because they vaguely look like a snake's open mouth.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!