Thursday, November 15

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Have your Turkey yet?
I saw frozen Turkeys in passing carts last weekend when we were shopping.
Do you cook a whole bird? Bake it? Fry it?
Buy one ready-cooked or smoked?
Since it's just for myself and my husband, what I do is just a couple Turkey thighs in a slow-cooker, which is faster then a oven and makes them more tender.

Enough Turkey....

On to
 Mama Kat's Prompt for Today:
"List 5 Things That Bring You Comfort."
 
#1) Reading the Bible & Prayer: I get a lot of comfort from hearing the Lord Jesus through scripture and reviewing the many promises He has given me. I have a stack of index cards, full of them.
 
#2) My Husband: He's just a really warm, comforting person. That's one reason why I married him.



Sunni

#3)  My Cat, Sunni: She likes to lay on my chest near my face and I find listening to her steady purr very comforting and relaxing. She especially, at night, just before I go to sleep.


#4)  A Good Cup of Coffee: A mug of coffee to me is such a signal of, "Ah, now I can relax."  Maybe I'll even have a dark chocolate kiss with mine.



 
#5) Savory Food: Let's face it. Food is comforting---cheesy food, spicy food, warm food on a cold day, like soup, or fresh bread, still hot from the oven, slathered with butter all put a little comfort in the tum-tum.
 

9 comments:

Hello! I'm Kate. said...

Great list!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love, love the smell of it. It reminds me of home & my grandparents' house (they are huge coffee drinkers.)

Jerralea said...

Very comforting list! I like your idea about the turkey thighs in the crockpot, too. I don't know why I never thought of that because my family likes the dark meat best anyway ... and now we are down to just 4 for dinner ....

Wombat Central said...

I love a roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and corn for a comforting meal. The bread with melty butter is always a perfect addition to any meal! :)

Jessica said...

Very good! I too love my reading in the Bible every day, sometimes I can't start my day with it, thanks to busy working moms life, but ALWAYS find time sometime throughout the day! Great Post! Oh and I am enjoying a cup of joe right now....it's 2:45 in the afternoon! LOL

Visiting from Mama Kat's!
~Jessica
takeitlikeamommy.blogspot.com

Ginny Marie said...

Oh, yes, food is definitely comforting! Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorites! (Homemade, of course!)

kelley jensen said...

very nice--those are comfy things. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Carol said...

It's the kids turn to go to the in-laws, so we're going out to dinner for Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to it.

Enjoy your comfort list.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

With you on number 4. I almost put "lawnboy's arms" because it is comforting to be there, but I"m not ready to go there yet! :-)

Barbara said...

Oh yes, these all sound so comforting! Great list.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!