Good Eating Monday: Grilled Romaine!

Have you ever grilled Romaine lettuce? 
When I went to lunch with my Yoga class, I mentioned grilling Romaine and those ladies acted like they'd never heard of it before!
I suppose they haven't watched much Food Network or Cooking Channel.
Grilled Romaine is absolutely delicious--but I couldn't figure out how to do it so the lettuce both cooked well and didn't fall apart.
I finally  hit upon the secret in Pinterest: you leave the stem on and cut the heads in half and the stem connection keeps the head together while it's grilling.
I found this Pin about Grilled Romaine on Pinterest and tried it out.
The original Pin used Olive Oil for drizzling, but I used Italian Dressing, which has oil in it instead because it gives the lettace flavor without any extra seasoning!


Grilled Romaine:
Ingredients:
1 head of Romaine per every 2 people being served
1 bottle of you favorite Italian Dressing
Optional: salt, pepper---and possibly cheese as this Pin topped their grilled lettuce with Asiago Cheese. (I didn't.)

Directions:
Leaving stem on, split each Romaine in half. Drizzle halves with Italian dressing. Season as desired.
Put on a HOT Grill, cut side down, first.
Give it a nice char, then flip and repeat.
(Your Romaine will wilt.)
When charred and hot, removed from grill.
(You can optionally top with cheese)
To serve, place a Romaine half on each plate.

To Eat:
Cut off the stem and eat away! Yum!
If you've never tried it, you should!
******
There you have it---the secret to grilling a Romaine lettuce head is to leave the stem on and cut it in half!
I have one in the frig right now for when Hubby grills some Pork Chops on Wednesday.
To see more Pinterest recipes I've tried out, visit & follow my Pinterest!
*****
What's your favorite veggie for the grill?
Eat up, me  hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: Quotables