Mama Kat Thursday: Fav Slow-Cooker Recipes!


Today's Mama Kat blog writing prompt is: 



Drumroll please... and my top 3 favorite and/or most used slow cooker recipes are:

#1)  Slow-Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes!
 I absolutely love how quick & easy a slow-cooker bakes up 4 to 6 sweet potatoes!
(This blog page also includes a review of Jurassic World!)




Cube steaks are an economic beef option and this slow-cooker recipe cooks 'em up nice and tender with lots of mushroom gravy for rice! Or throw in a few red potatoes in the cooker with the meat and get a full meal in a pot!  Since Hubby is a meat & potatoes guy, this is one of his favorite meals!



This slow-cooker cake is on my list to do again--I just haven't had an good opportunity. Even in a large slow-cooker it only serves 6 people well and I usually have too many Air Force kids on Sunday.
The cake bakes up very nicely & is moist. You have to put a paper towel under the slow-cooker lid during the later portion of baking time, so condescension drops won't fall on the cake.
It would be yummy served with ice cream & Hershey's chocolate syrup!


I love baking desserts in a slow-cooker!
*****
What's your favorite slow-cooker recipe?


Thanks for Visiting!
****
To join the Mama Kat fun, go here to sign up to get emailed the weekly list, write about one of those listed topics, then link up on Thursday!
Be sure you have comments turned on--that's part of the point of joining the link up! Plus it's helpful to mention which topic you're doing somewhere in your blog post! (please!)

Comments

TMWHickman said…
I'm coming to your house for dinner, too!
Ok, I'm trying that chocolate cake! I've made brown sugar oatmeal in the slow cooker and it turned out so yummy.
myself said…
Definitely trying the cake! So yummy-looking! And I've been doing regular baked potatoes in the slow cooker. Love the way they come out. Coming at you from Mama's Losin' It!
May said…
Seriously, cake?! I was still mulling over the 'how cool to do sweet potatoes' thing! Then cake!
KatBouska said…
chocolate cake in a slow cooker!?! I bet the house smells amazing on those days!
~Julia said…
Yum! I must try these!

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!