Good Eating Monday: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars

Greetings!  Last week of August! 
I can already feel a change in the weather--we're finally going to have a dry week! Yay! Will give me a chance to work on resolving some rain flow issues around the yard.
Today I mowed and worked on removing grass from my shady rain garden area. It's nice St.Augustine grass on that side and I moved what I dug up to a bare ground location that needs grass. (My lawn is actually a hodge-podge of southern grass types.)

Today's Good Eating recipe is one I found on Pinterest that I plan on trying this week: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars!

I'll be making it tomorrow for Tuesday Bible Study at the Lighthouse Airman Center on base and the Air Force kids love devouring ooky-gooky sweets like this!

The basic ingredients are: 1 batch chocolate chip cookie dough (made or bought), 1 pack of Double Stuff Oreo's & one box of Family Size Brownie Mix for a 10 x 13 pan.
Line a 10 x 13 pan with wax paper sprayed with oil spray. Spread in the cookie dough, layer with Oreo's, then top with Brownie Mix. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 15-25 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting.



Here's the original blog link for the full recipe, including pictures and the home-made chocolate chip recipe they use:
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html
*********
Report on the Bar after trying it:Very tasty and rich. Cookies stayed somewhat crunchy in middle once pan was cooled and I shou
ld have cut and put the squares on plate rather then serving from the pan.
 I'd make it again with a few changes:

*Try it without lining pan with wax paper
* I'd like to try using a roll of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookie dough crumbled, then pressed onto bottom followed by a drizzle of caramel sauce, then topped with Oreo's and brownie mix.
It seemed like it needed a moist layer in there, since the cookies stayed crisp.
Even so, the military kids gobbled the whole thing up!

Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects