Garden Pic Wednesday: Ajuga & Lettuce Crop

Today's Garden Pic is a nice January shot of some Common Ajuga draping over the edge of a large container out front & my bumper crop of lettuce

Ajuga:
It's a ground cover with a burgundy tinge to it's leaves. It reaches it's best color in shade, but can tolerate light sun. This Ajuga just gets morning sun. It throws runners like a strawberry does, spreading along the ground. It's reaching for the ground and will establish once it touches around the shady side of the stump the container sits on.
It's a member of the mint family. 




My Winter Crop of Lettuce:
This is a french head lettuce I got ordered from Seed Savers for spring 2021. It went to seed in May 2021, then dozens popped up around Sept. I separated them, this whole 4 x 8 raised bed with them. I dined on fresh crisp lettuce all winter! I've left 2 to go to seed on one end of the raised bed, so can have lettuce all winter again!






 I've joined a group a ladies in a Book Club that meets once a month, reading light mystery books for the first time today. I saw it posted in the Next Door app. They meet at a local restaurant at 10 am, discuss a book, then eat lunch around 11. It was nice. The ladies were mostly around my age. I was looking for something social and friendly.
They aim at clean reading, so that's good.
So, that's something to look forward to monthly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Backwoods Indiana Memories: Laundry Day

Good Eating Monday: Frosted Banana Bars!