Good Eating Monday: Italian Sausage & Zucchini Stir-fry!

Greetings! Hope you had a great weekend!
I did needed puttering around the garden today after coming home from Zumba. Tomatoes & Hibiscus needed tying up and baby marigolds I'd sprouted needed transplanting.
I recycle old bed-sheets for "string" to tie up my tomatoes or Hibiscus. I just cut a little snip about 3/4 inch wide, then grip either side and rip off a strip of sheet. Works great and makes colorful ties.
The Marigold seeds were a 50 cent  mixed color packet from the Dollar Tree that I sprouted in the front bed. Must be 25 of them.
They provide spots of color all the way into late fall, though so a Marigold here and there everywhere is good.

Today's Good Eating Recipe is what I made for dinner tonight: Leftover Italian Sausages & Zucchini from the garden with steamed rice!
(I had a two remaining garden carrots to use, so chopped them up as well for a touch of color.)
Since we are just two, this recipe serves 2 people. 

What I Made for Dinner
Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Leftover grilled Italian Sausages, sliced thinly
2 small Zucchini, sliced in discs, then halved
Splash of Kikkoman low-sodium soy sauce
Optional: Roasted Sesame Seeds


Directions:
Rice: Put in your rice in a sauce pan with water and bring to boil while preparing food for cooking, then turn to simmer while cooking it, turning it off to steam when water is nearly gone. Full method for making Japanese Steamed Rice, here.

Stir-fry: In large frying pan or wok over medium high heat add olive oil. Let heat, then add minced garlic and saute 10 or 15 seconds until garlic flavor is infused into oil, then immediately add sliced cooked Italian sausage & sliced zucchini. Saute until sausage is hot & Zucchini is tender-crisp. Splash with a light shake of Kikkoman, stir, then serve with 1/2 cup steamed rice on plate. 

Put Kikkoman bottle on table for extra soy sauce and any other sauces, such as Thai Peanut Sauce or Teriyaki for each person to add to their own taste. (I had my with the Thai Peanut Sauce added!)
*****
I did notice my fresh Zucchini was more flavorful then what I buy at the store. I like using the leftover grilled Italian sausage in recipes because it's already completely cooked & heats up fast.
You can use any leftover meat you have for a stir-fry: chicken, shrimp, roast beef, pork chop, etc.
*****
Eat up, my hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories