Good Eating Monday: Easy Slow-Cooker Butternut Squash

My back did get better. While I was laying on the sofa last Wednesday, one thing Hubby and I did do was watch all three original Collector Edition Star Wars episodes from A NEW HOPE to RETURN OF THE JEDI on VHS. One after another. The originals--no CGI extras added. (I never did like that.)
Then, on Saturday, we went to see the newest Star Wars at the theater for a 2nd time. I paid close attention to the details on this viewing. I agree with other fan consensus: Rey is most likely Luke's daughter. There are a number of strong indicators threaded throughout the film if you are paying close attention.
I also learned that Adam Driver, who portrays Kylo Ren, is Semper Fi. He was a U.S. Marine before he was an actor. For that reason, he now holds my respect. There's not many young modern American actors who can say they are prior military service. He joined the Marine's after 911, was in for a little more then 2 years, then broke his sternum in a mountain bike accident, which made him ineligible for deployment any further, so he was discharged. 
He graduated from Julliard in 2009. (That's a good use of his G.I. Bill.) 
He is 6 ft 2 in tall. Married in 2013 to Joanne Tucker. I enjoyed many of his quotes in IMDb, particularly ones about how he uses his Marine training in his acting career. Oorah.
*****
Today's Good Eating recipe is one I'm trying right now: Cooking a whole Butternut Squash in a slow-cooker!
The whole recipe is this:

Wash one whole Butternut Squash. Place in slow-cooker. Cover.
Cook on High 4-5 hours or on Low 6-8 hours.
You don't even have to poke it!

When tests fork tender, let cool. Once cool enough to handle, slice in half and remove seeds.
It's ready to use for whatever you want.
The pinner suggested keeping wrapped in plastic in frig to scoop out or slice-off whatever you need.



This is genius because I hate having to all through all the cutting, scooping, then par-boiling to get the thick peel off easily, just so I can use it.


*****
After Action Report: This worked great!
Cooked the squash perfectly! After it cooled, I trimmed off the peel and refrigerated it, so I can make soup for lunch today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever