Garden Pic Wednesday: Fresh Basil For A Table Arrangement!

Did you know you can make a lovely vased table arrangement just with pretty fresh Basil stems?
Yes! Basil has purple flowers, so it looks lovely in a vase! It also fills the house with it's spicy fragrance!  If you have several varieties growing in pots or garden, like I do, you can mix them.
This vase has a mix of Purple, Thai & Cinnamon Basil plus an interesting Greek Oregano seed stalk!  Plus snipping the Basil helps promote more fresh growth! And if I need a few leaves, I just snip a few right from the vase!

My table arrangement of fresh Basil

I also today photographed a strikingly lovely Female Eastern Pondhawk Dragonfly!
She posed on a Day Lily leaf in my rain garden. She is not a mature size yet. Males are powder blue in color, so easy to tell apart. Dragonflies are garden-friends as they eat other insects, including mosquitoes & flies.


That's it for today! Stop back to see what's up for Mama Kat tomorrow!

Comments

Susan Joy Clark said…
Pretty. What a nice idea with your basil. I bet it smells wonderful too.

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories