Garden Pic Wednesday: Pink Rain Lily!

Two great outdoor type things today:
* I finally got to use the new Black & Decker hedge-trimmer on my various Azalea shrubs in the back yard! Up to now, I've just hand sheers, but 11 Azaleas & 3 Gardenias is just too much hedging to keep up with by hand in this heat.
Hubby came home to find me cutting away on the Azaleas. He laughed because he said I looked so happy and excited,  my eyes were sparkling. I felt like Tim the Tool Man with a new Power Tool!

*The other great thing is I have Black Swallowtail Caterpillars on my Rue! I'm so excited! (Rue is a blue-green herb shrub that certain Swallowtail butterflies enjoy.) I was hoping a Giant Swallowtail would grace it with their young--that's why I planted it. They're supposed to love it. But, hey, I love any butterfly caterpillar!

Today's Garden Pic is a Pink Rain Lily!
These are a fun flower for any spot where water might stand after a rain! They're a little like a very small magic lily. A bloom will simply pop-up out of no where right after a good rain!  That's why I put them in my rain garden, where water from all over my backyard gathers.
 I have 3 colors: pink, white & yellow, but the pink are the largest and most showy!  It's a bulb flower, with each bloom about 6 to 7 inches tall.


****
Stop back tomorrow to see what's up for Mama Kat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects