Garden Pic Wednesday: My Pink Floosie Pampas

Today I got out and got my tray of Broccoli planted. (9 plants)
It did rain on my lightly while I was working on this. I also bought a tray of Red Romaine and planted it, but I don't think lettuce likes to be transplanted. I think maybe it prefers to be direct-sown. 
I just planted the Broccoli on one side of the garden, opposite the melon. Also planted Curly Parsley 2 container gardens and Red Petunias in 4.

Today's Garden Pic is my lovely Pink Pampas Grass that's out front. 
"Pink Floosie," is my pet name for this Pampas Grass that blooms all these extravagantly fluffy plumes every September! I haven't counted this year, but 25 or more is the norm. Of course, after days in the Florida sun, the plumes turn a light tan color, but they are a pretty baby pink when they first open.
From base to tip-top of the tallest bloom is about 8 to 9 feet tall.


That's it for today! Stop back for Mama Kat tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!