Garden Pic Wednesday: My Christmas Bouquets!

Today, Hubby and I were doing a little outside clean-up: he got up on the roof and cleaned off the pine needle debris off the whole roof, but particularly the gutter corners while I cleaned up the litter of pine cones. They hadn't been picked up in a month, so quite a few.
Then refilled the bird feeder and watered the Gerbers and Mums and various pots of Salvia and Parsley with miracle grow.
The orange Gerber put up a bloom and is preparing another and the mums are in a regrowth phase prepping for spring bloom.

Today's picture, though, is of my Christmas bouquet.
Publix's grocery had a special on bundles of Alstroemeria, 3 for $12, which is a very good deal. 
So on Christmas Eve we bought 3 of them, which gave me enough not only for my vase of Frazier greenery, but I had to also press a clear glass juice pitcher into service to hold a bunch on the kitchen counter and had a few blooms to put in a tiny with a bit of tree greenery on the sink counter in the guest bath. 

Mixed in with the Christmas tree greenery in a vase on the table:




On the kitchen counter:
I snipped some leafy Gardenia shrub branches to put around the top of the vase.




On the bathroom counter:



Alstroemeria is a type of lily, sometimes called "Peruvian Lilies," that's a single stem with a cluster of 4 to 6 blooms at the top that comes in a variety of colors: yellow, lavenders, pinks, whites and orange-reds. It's a long-lasting and inexpensive flower I became acquainted with while working as a florist and a personal favorite of mine because it is so cheerful and long lasting.
If I'm going buy flowers at the grocery, a bunch of Alstroemeria is my first preference with miniature or regular carnations being a second favorite. 

So what's your favorite go-to grocery flower pick?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories