Garden Pic Wednesday: Yellow Flag Iris!

It started off drizzly and chilly, though, now that it's mid-afternoon, the sun has popped out!

Today's Garden Pic is a nice shot of one of my yellow Flag Iris blossoms.
They have a wide, flatish faces and enjoy wet or boggish areas, drainage ditches or along side ponds, etc.
 This one is among those in my rain garden and more are in the back corner that's both shady all the time and fairly boggy after a heavy rain. 
The blades are tall: 30 to 40 inches in height, so they remain impressive spires even after they're done blooming, even through winter.




rogress on my block garden edging project:
Finished arranging the blocks and put mulch down in the area behind the blocks, which is covered in landscape plastic, which allows rainwater in, but keeps weeds out.
 Looks good.
 What remains is planting the 5 spaces between blocks marked with red dots.
I have some wild flower seed my sister sent me I'll use in the middle pace, plus assorted other things to plant in the other spaces: salvia, a unique ground cover with blue flowers I bought and some Greek Oregano, which also is kind of a ground cover.
I have a plan for the area outside the blocks that will be a photo share later. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects