Mama Kat Thursday: Spring Views!

Spring is really the best time for a good show of blooming flowers here in Florida---before the heat sets in! Here's some views of spring around my yard:

My container of Gladiolas and Creeping Jenny
Moved this container here last fall. Now it gets lots more sun. I've never seen the Creeping Jenny looking so golden!



My Containers in the Semi-Shade of the Gardenia:
The purple plant is a Wandering Jew houseplant that I keep in a vase of water all winter, then in the spring plant it in this pot, where it will generosity spill over it's container.
(The old crock pot liner under it provides height)
The double clay pots I just replanted last week with Hen & Chicks on the bottom and Chinese Stonecrop and Creeping Jenny on top. 
(Hen & Chicks, Stonecrop and Creeping Jenny are all so prolific, I just move bits and pieces around wherever needed.)



Spring Means Planting Petunias!
I love Petunias! They're a must-have in all my patio containers! Usually I combine them with Red Saliva. They don't do well in the ground here and in containers, they're easy to dead-head.




My Front Container Garden:
After years of adjusting and trying this and that, it's finally starting to look really good. That pink Day Lily, with it's varied heights is unexpectedly perfect for a "thriller."
I just planted a Calla Lily bulb in that bare spot behind the ceramic cat indicted by the red arrow. It has a tangerine bloom, but more importantly, the leaves are white spotted, which will hopefully make a nice contrast.
(In the background you can see the 3 trees were having the Tree Arborist trim a few branches off next week.)


*****
What's spring looking like where you live?


Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

May said…
I love Calla Lillies---they just add a touch of class wherever they are. You have a lot more spring than we have so far. Enjoy it!
KatBouska said…
So pretty and you're actually getting sunshine!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects