Good Eating Monday: Make Your Own Taco Seasoning!

My Eye Doctor, whom I've been seeing for the past 32 years, is finally completely retiring! He did my exam for the last time this month and gave me a sweet thank you card for being his patient so long. He's been semi-retired for about 5 years now, keeping his hand in and working just 2 days a month as a way of getting used to being retired. Now he feels ready, he said, to give up the business entirely. 
He took on a business partner a good number of years ago and sold his half of the business to her, so she'll be my Eye Doctor from now on. She's been doing Hubby's eye exams for years.
So, today, we stopped by Walmart and I picked out new frames for the new prescription, which involved just one slight change in the distance vision for my left eye. Everything else was the same.

Today's Good Eating recipe is for making your own jar of taco seasoning!
I've been meaning to do this for a while. It would save money in the long run and be healthier. I could even control the saltiness. 
So, since it's a great idea, I thought I'd share it!
Home-Made Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup Chili Powder
1/4 cup Onion Powder
1/8 cup Ground Cumin
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon Sea Salt (or to taste)

Then combine in jar & shake together.

*****
I'm not sure why Turmeric isn't on the list, but I'd add that, too---same amount as Cumin.
Turmeric is what gives taco meat such lovely color plus it's a super food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories