Mama Kat Thursday: Garden Plans

The Mama Kat topic I chose to today was, "Share a recent purchase."

...which just happens to be a few new items I've recently ordered for my yard projects to be delivered in Sept/Oct. 



Blue Fescue Grass
A small mound of grass suited to dry, hot landscape areas.
I purchased 4.  






2 of these fun looking
"Green 
Twister" Coneflowers










Here's the Plan:
I'm getting rid of all the remaining grass in this location by the mailbox,turning it into a non-mow landscape of ground covers and what not. (I painted over what grass is still there in photo shop.)
The Blue Fescue will be arranged around the base of the mailbox.
I'll plant 3 Asparagus Fern along the road edge and the Coneflowers in-between.  Pink Lantana I'm rooting will be along the property edge.
It's a work in progress.

















And finally, I ordered of this:
It's called "Snakehead Iris, a citron green iris with deep purple flags. They were so fancy looking, I couldn't resist. 



Those Iris are destined to go here, in this container to replace the Glads in the center:



Putting Glads here was just an idea I got from Pinterest, but to make the idea work well, the bulbs must be one batch of all the same age: mine were random different ages, so they've never bloomed in unison as I'd like. The Iris, planted all at once, should.
I'm sort of like old lady in the shoe who has sooo many Glads, she didn't know what to do and this was just someplace to try putting some of the 100 I have.


Comments

KatBouska said…
Pretty! You'll need to update us when they're all planted and blooming!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects