Mama Kat Thursday: What's New In The Garden!

I'm doing my own Mama Kat topic today to show off my newest Hosta Lily additions.
We were returning home to Florida earlier this week, passing through Hopkinsville, Kentucky on our way to Clarksville, Tennessee. We've often passed a sign for "Hosta Haven," and this trip we actually visited the place. A retired man and his wife have a nice bit of shady acreage, have an extensive landscape to stroll and sell Hostas and other shade plants.
I wanted to update and reorganize my Hosta bed.

Here's the bed:



Here's the New Hosta's:
I chose Hosta's that had a pattern or color other then plain green. I have enough plain green Hostas. Each has a name.
Hosta's also come in a variety of sizes from huge to miniature.

Liberty


This one is an extra large size Hosta with very wide, large white edged leaves. It could get 30 inches across.


Sun Power


This one is medium-large Hosta with pretty lime green leaves. It's got a greater sun tolerance then average. I chose it because early morning sun sometimes falls on over the end of the bed where I planted it.



Blue Ivory


This one is a large size Hosta with striking white edged leaves and a blue-tone green color with leaves more narrow and  pointy then Liberty.


Captain Kirk



This is a medium sized Hosta with blue-green/lime green variegated leaves. Being a long time Trekker, I had to have it as soon as I heard the name!
Hubby wittily observed that all I need now is a "Commander Spock."
This one is a baby, but I saw a picture of a mature Captain Kirk and it's very striking with a strong yellow tinged leaves.
I looked up to see if there were any other star Trek Hostas and found 3: "Enterprise," "Starship," and "Vulcan."
Apparently, there's also a whole bunch of Day Lilies with Star Trek themed names for those who want a "Star Trek Garden."

I may have to look into the Day Lilies now. I saw a "Spock's Ears" and it was quite attractive!


Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party

Garden Pic Wednesday: Coneflowers