Garden Pic Wednesday: Dressed up Holly!

After several days of gray cold gloom, I was quite happy to see sunny days again today and yesterday!
I actually went outside today. I wanted to water my containers and some of the newly bulb planted areas in front bed with Miracle-gro.
Also the garden veggies. Broccoli is just starting to head.
I walk around and see so much growth---everything that blooms in the spring is poling up it's greenery right now to energize from the winter sun: Dutch Iris, Easter Lilies & Daffodils greens so far.

Today's Garden Pic is my Oakland Holly all decorated up for Christmas!
It's about 4 feet tall now. I had a box of unused plastic ornaments and bought two strings of 50 light battery lights. Those are genius. 
No worries running extension wires to power anything. Once turned on, an auto-timer runs it a few hours nightly.
This Holly was bred for the Southern climate. It's self-pollinating. The berries are edible for birds. It doesn't grow overly tall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects